Thursday, September 6, 2012

Feeling Accomplished

I feel so good today.. We got our schoolwork done by 2 oclock which is a big accomplishment all on its own but the best part for me is I have accomplished something that for me was a big hurdle... the dreaded laundry. I had let it take over my life and felt like I couldn't do anything to fix it because it was such a big project. My hallway was full to overflowing with clothes and blankets and sheets and everything... and I didn't want to face it. I was washing just what we needed at that moment and not taking the time to do all of it and get it out of the way. Over the last two weeks I have been slowly but surely excavating the hallway and I can finally say that there is very little dirty laundry and what is dirty is stuff that has been worn in the last couple of days... I set up a new schedule for doing laundry... each person has a different day of the week for their laundry and each day I spent ALLLL day washing, drying and folding their laundry.. I taught the two older girls to wash, dry, fold, and put away their clothes and I am proud to say that they did it on their own  with minimal help from me just reminding them to change out loads and helping them put it away last week since there was sooo much... This week they did it on their own... I have only one load to wash tomorrow of two blankets that were hiding under the baby's crib when I cleaned her room today... The only downside to all that laundry doing is that I washed, dried, and folded it all but now it is sitting in nicely folded piles on my couch so my once finally cleaned living room now looks like the hallway did but that's going to be fixed tomorrow when the hubby is home and can help me haul it all to our room and put it away... then of course the last and final room to reorganize and excavate is our room where everything got put as I was decluttering the rest of the house... but I am making a promise to myself that by Monday morning there will not be a room in my house that hasn't been reorganized and cleaned... I will get it done this weekend come rain or shine.

We have been doing so well with our new cleaning schedule and the house looks better than it has in a long time. Today was a let's finish a room day so the kitchen slid by the wayside but the day is not over and I am going to clean it before I go to bed...Tomorrow the girl whose week it is can take back over but it is a big mess tonight and she needs help with it so I am going to help her this time... after all what are mommas for...

No comments:

Post a Comment