Saturday, September 1, 2012

busy week

We had such a busy week this past week. The girls had their schoolwork and I had housework and a new schedule to think up and put into action. I made daily checklists for the girls and myself so that we can check each task off as it is completed so they and I can see that we are getting things accomplished in our daily lives. Each girl has their own checklist that they can follow to see how much they have to do and how much they have completed... I also made a room by room checklist so that when that room is assigned as a chore the girls know exactly what they are supposed to do to clean it. Doing it that way will hopefully help stop the constant questions on what they are supposed to do and the constant nagging by me to make sure that each step was completed. The girls like it so far because it tells them step by step what they are to do in cleaning that room. We also changed up the chore schedule. Instead of alternating days on chores they each chose two slips of paper to be their chore for the week. For example, this week one girl has Kitchen and hallway/porch and the other has Living room and Bathroom. Next week they will switch it out. Both girls also have their laundry set up on different days now so that they have one day a week to do their laundry. (My idea is that maybe they will stop throwing clean clothes on the floor for me to wash a hundred loads a week, if they have to do their own laundry). And just in case you were wondering (and I say you as in me cause I am writing this more for me than for anyone else), my hallway is also my laundry room so it does get messed up quickly for some reason, so it is definitely a chore room that has to be kept clean or it quickly looks like a hurricane went through it... 

speaking of hurricanes. Hurricane Isaac came through Louisiana this week. We didn't get very much bad weather over here in Southwest La but the Eastern part of the state definitely got hit pretty hard. My prayers go out to all those families that were impacted by Isaac. 

So chores are figured out for the week, I started crocheting a blanket yesterday so I am hoping I will have a nice warm throw for during school since it is sooo cold in my kitchen with the ac blowing right on the table. I plan to make one for each girl as well as myself. I now have to start figuring out next weeks work for the girls. Their schedules are pretty much fixed out but in order for me to teach them I have to read their work and figure out the best way to teach them each subject so I have to spend my extra time(haha what's that) going through each weeks work and making sure I am fully aware of each thing. I am also teaching Bug a new way to study her Science and Social Studies. Rather than just reading the chapter lesson by lesson and answering the questions after each lesson I am going to have her do a simple outline of each lesson. We did it last week and her test Friday was much easier for her and she scored a better grade. I hope this helps her retain the information better. 

Anyway life is normal (as normal as can be with our craziness lol) over here and we are taking each day as it comes. I am still determined to straighten out the house and get it running much smoother than it has been. I just have to keep on going and working at it. I have faith I will be able to do this but sometimes I wonder what I have gotten myself into. I then think well God never gives us more than we can handle and He knows I can do this so I will do this with His help. 

Y'all have a great weekend and God bless each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment